- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- 4 sweet or spicy Italian chicken sausage links (about 2 3/4 oz each)
- 2 medium onions (sliced into 1/4 inch strips)
- 2 red bell peppers (sliced into 1/4 inch strips)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce ((I like spicy Arrabbiata sauce))
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
- crusty bread (optional for serving)
- Preheat the grill on high heat on one half and medium-low on the other.
- In a large bowl combine the onions, pepper, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Make foil packets:
- Tear off 4 12 x 18” sheets of Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil.
- Divide the onions and peppers between 4 pieces of foil, with the dull side facing up. Top with 3 tablespoons marinara.
- Bring up the long sides of the foil, so the ends meet over the food.
- Double fold the ends, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Double fold the two short ends to seal the packet tight, so no steam escapes.
- Place the foil packets on the side of the grill with the medium-low heat. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- When ready, set aside and add the sausage to the medium-low side. At this point you can shut off the high side of the grill.
- Cook sausage, 6 to 8 minutes turning often until cooked through in the center and place on a cutting board.
- Open the foil packets, slice the sausage and add to the foil packets, top each with 2 tablespoons cheese and keep open.
- Cover grill and leave until cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Serve with bread, if desired.